Saturday, June 16, 2012

Act of Oblation to the Merciful Love of the Good God


Act of Oblation to the Merciful Love of the Good God

“That my life may be an act of perfect love, I offer myself as victim of holocaust to Thy Merciful love, imploring Thee to consume me unceasingly, letting the flood tide of infinite tenderness pent up in Thee flow into my soul, so that I may become a very martyr to thy love O my God!

“May this martyrdom, having prepared me to appear before Thee, break life’s threat at last, and may my soul take its flight, unhindered to the Eternal embrace of thy merciful love.

“I desire, O my beloved, at each heart-beat to renew this oblation an infinite number of times, till the shadows fade away and I can tell Thee my love eternally face to face!”  

by St. Therese of the child Jesus
Photo Credit Michael 1952

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)