Monday, June 18, 2012

AT THE ECCE ANCILLA DOMINI


AT THE ECCE ANCILLA DOMINI

Our blessed Lady said to St. Gertrude: Whoever shall devoutly recall to my mind the joy which I felt in uttering the words: Behold the handmaid of the Lord, I will most truly show him that I am his Mother, and will unfailingly succour him. 

O MOTHER of blessedness and most august Sanctuary of the Holy Ghost, I praise and greet thee, and with most devout intention of mind recall to thee that unspeakable joy which thou didst feel when with calmest trustfulness thou didst commend to the Divine Will thy whole unreserved self, and all that was to be done to thee and in thee, saying: Behold the handmaid of the Lord: beseeching thee that thou wouldst show thyself my Mother, and evermore succour me with the saving help of thy compassionate heart. Amen.


On another occasion, when the Mother of God herself appeared to St. Mechtilde, the Saint asked her how she could honor her, and Mary replied:  "Remind me of the joy which I experienced when the Son of God left the bosom of His Father in order to come into my womb. Rejoice with me again in the ineffable bliss with which I was filled when that same Son was born of me, and when I saw Him and pressed Him in my arms as a Mother."

Heavenly Mother, I remind you of the joy which you experienced when the Son of God left the bosom of His Father in order to come into your womb.  I rejoice with you again in the ineffable bliss with which you were filled when the same Son was born of Thee, and when you saw Him and pressed Him in your arms as a Mother!


Eternal Father, we humbly offer Thee our poor presence, and that of the whole of humanity, from the beginning to the end of the world at all the Masses that ever have or ever will be prayed.  We offer Thee all the pains, sufferings, prayers, sacrifices, joys, and relaxations of our lives, in union with those of our Lord Jesus here on earth.  May the most Precious Blood of Christ, all His Blood, Wounds, and Agony save us, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Amen



(This prayer should be recited daily and made known)

Photo taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)