Saturday, June 16, 2012

Heroic Act for Souls in Purgatory


Heroic Act for Souls in Purgatory

O MY GOD! For your greater glory, and to imitate as closely as possible the generous Heart of Jesus, my Redeemer, and also to testify my devotion to the Blessed Virgin, my Mother, who is also the Mother of the souls in Purgatory.  I place in her hands all my satisfactory works, as well as the fruit of all those which may be offered for my intention after my death that she may apply them to the souls in Purgatory according to her wisdom and good pleasure.  Amen

Words of our Lord:  After Gertrude made the heroic Act, Our Lord appeared to her and said: “In order that you may know how agreeable your charity for souls of the departed has been to Me, I remit to you now all the pains of Purgatory which you might have suffered; and as I have promised to return you a hundred for one, I will further increase your celestial glory abundantly, giving you a special recompense for the charity which you have exercised toward My beloved souls in Purgatory by renouncing in their favor your works of satisfaction.”

Image Credit Lawrence OP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)