Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Monday prayer to Mary

Monday

To Obtain Holy Perseverance 

O Queen of Heavens, I, who was once a miserable slave of Lucifer, now dedicate myself to thee, to be thy servant forever; I offer myself to thee, to be thy servant forever; I offer myself to honor thee, and serve thee during my whole life; do thou accept me, and refuse me not, as I should deserve. O my Mother, in thee have I placed all my hopes; from thee do I expect every grace. I bless and thank God, who in his mercy has given me this confidence in thee, which I consider a pledge of my salvation. Alas, miserable wretch that I am, I have hitherto fallen, because I have not had recourse to thee. 

I now hope that, through the merits of Jesus Christ and thy prayers, I have obtained pardon. But I may again lose divine grace; the danger is not past. My enemies do not sleep. How many temptations have I still to conquer! Ah, my most sweet Lady, protect me, and permit me not again to become their slave; help me at all times. I know thou wilt help me, and that with thy help I shall conquer, if I recommend myself to thee; but this is what I fear, I fear that in time of danger I may neglect to call upon thee, and thus be lost. 

I ask thee, then, for this grace; obtain that, in the assaults of hell, I may always have recourse to thee, saying, Mary help me. My Mother, permit me not to lose my God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)