Friday, June 15, 2012

Prayer of Consecration to the Holy Spirit


Prayer of Consecration to the Holy Spirit

(Anyone who has consecrated himself to Mary according to the formula of the Blessed St. Louis de Montfort, and then also to the Sacred Heart, will find great treasures in a repeated consecration to the Holy Spirit. The whole influence of Mary leads us to intimacy with Christ, and the humanity of Jesus leads us to the Holy Spirit, who introduces us into the mystery of the adorable Trinity.)

O HOLY GHOST; Divine Spirit of light and love, I consecrate to Thee my understanding, my heart and my will, my whole being, for time and eternity. 

May my understanding be always submissive to Thy heavenly inspirations and the teachings of the Catholic Church, of which Thou art the Infallible Guide. May my heart be ever inflamed with love of God and of my neighbor. May my will be ever conformed to the Divine will, and may my whole life be a faithful imitation of the life and virtues of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, to Whom, with the Father and Thee, be honor and glory forever. Amen. 

(Indulgence of 300 days once a day, applicable to the souls in Purgatory -- Pius X. This consecration may be renewed by repeating only the first paragraph.)

Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)