Monday, June 18, 2012

Prayer of Saint Gertrude the Great to the Blessed Virgin Mary



Prayer of Saint Gertrude the Great to the Blessed Virgin Mary

HAIL, MARY, queen of mercy, olive-branch of forgiveness, through whom we receive the medicine that heals our mortal sickness, the balsam of pardon; Virgin Mother of the divine offspring, through whom the grace of heavenly light has been shed upon us, the sweet-scented scion of Israel! 

Through thy Son, thy only Child who stooped to become the Brother of mankind, thou art become the true Mother of us all. For the sake of his love take me, all unworthy as I am, into thy motherly care. 

Sustain, preserve, and enlighten my conversion; be thou for all eternity my incomparable cherished mother, tenderly caring for me throughout my earthly life, and enfolding me in thy arms at the hour of my death. Amen.

Photo Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)