Saturday, June 16, 2012

Remedy Against Distractions


Remedy Against Distractions

When you are distracted in prayer, commend it to the Heart of Jesus, to be perfected by Him, as our Lord Himself taught St. Gertrude. One day, when she was much distracted in prayer, He appeared to her, and held forth to her His Heart with his own sacred hands, saying: Behold, I set My Heart before the eyes of thy soul, that thou mayest commend to it all thine actions, confidently trusting that all that thou canst not of thyself supply to them will be therein supplied, so that they may appear perfect and spotless in My sight. 

Oh Sacred Heart of Jesus, whose image I have set before the eyes of my soul, I commend to it all my actions confidently trusting that all that I cannot of myself supply to them, will be therein supplied, so that they may appear perfect and spotless in thy sight.  Amen

"My God and Father! if my poor offering does not please Thee and Thou wilt not accept it for the salvation of my soul, but desirest to punish me in this world or the next for my sins, behold me ready to suffer as much and as long in Thine honor and for love of Thee as Thy justice requires."

Image taken from MorgueFile Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)