Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Thursday Prayer to Mary

Thursday

To Obtain Heaven 

O Queen of Paradise, who reignest above all the choirs of angels, and who art the nearest of all creatures to God, I, a miserable sinner, salute thee from this valley of tears, and beseech thee to turn thy compassionate eyes towards me, for whichever side they turn they dispense graces. See, O Mary, in how many dangers I now am, and shall be as long as I live in this world, of losing my soul, of losing heaven and God. In thee, O Lady, I have placed all my hopes. I love thee and sigh to go soon to see thee, and praise thee in heaven. 

Ah, Mary, when will be that happy day on which I shall see myself safe at thy feet, and contemplate my Mother who has done so much for my salvation? When shall I kiss that hand which has delivered me so many times from hell, and has dispensed me so many graces, when, on account of my sins, I deserve to be hated and abandoned by all? 

My Lady, in life I have been very ungrateful to thee; but if I reach heaven, I shall no longer be ungrateful; there I shall love thee as much as I can in every moment for all eternity, and shall make amends for my ingratitude by blessings and thanksgiving thee forever. I thank God with my whole heart, who gives me firm confidence in the blood of Jesus Christ and in thee, and in the conviction that thou wilt save me; that thou wilt deliver me from my sins; that thou wilt give me light and strength to execute the divine will; and in time, that thou wilt lead me to the gate of paradise. Thy servants have hoped for this, and not one of them was deceived. No, neither shall I be deceived. 

O Mary, my full confidence is that thou hast to save me. Beseech thy Son Jesus as I also beseech him, by the merits of his Passion, to preserve and always increase this confidence in me, and I shall be saved. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)