Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Wonderful Thanks of Efficacy


A Wonderful Thanks of Efficacy

HAIL, my God, Light and Salvation of my soul, may all that is in the round world, and within the circle of the heavens, and in the depths of the abyss, give Thee thanks for all the benefits and tender mercies which Thou hast bestowed on me in body and in soul. And as the number of them is so great that I cannot answer Thee for one of a thousand, I make over this my duty to that eternal, infinite, unfailing gratitude whereby every debt to Thee is acquitted by Thyself, and through Thyself, and in Thyself, O Thou bright and ever-peaceful Trinity; and obtruding myself on Thy notice as a grain of dust, I offer Thee, through Him Who stands at Thy right hand in the truth of my substance, such praise and thanksgiving as Thou hast enabled us by Thy Spirit to render to Thee. Amen.

Here examine your conscience, and make an act of contrition, saying with a sigh:

O MOST loving Father, in the bitterness of the Passion of Jesus Christ Thy Son I pour forth now my complaint, indignantly accusing myself that I have served Thee so unfaithfully this day, and have offended Thee, my most kind and loving Father, by so many and so great negligences. I grieve for them all from my inmost heart, and smite my breast in the spirit of true contrition, and say unto Thee: God be merciful to me a sinner! And for all the negligences whereby I have ever quenched Thy good and gentle Spirit within me, I offer Thee the sorrows and the tears of Thy beloved Son. I beseech Thee, in union with His most availing prayers, to grant me the pardon of my sins, and the supply of all my defects. Deign to hear this my humble prayer through that love which did hold back Thine arm from taking vengeance when Thine Only and most beloved Son, the object of Thine eternal and ineffable complacency, was numbered with transgressors. Amen.


Photo taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)