Sunday, December 9, 2012

Eucharist Quotes


Quotes on the Holy Eucharist by the Saints

As I was about to receive Holy Communion, our Lord told me that He would come Himself to imprint on my heart the mystical life which He leads in the Holy Eucharist, a life entirely hidden and annihilated in the eyes of men, a life of sacrifice and seeming inactivity. He added that He would Himself give me the strength to do what He required of me.  -- St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

O my children, how beautiful will that soul be in eternity, who makes frequent and good Communions! -- St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Our sweet Jesus, through the excess of His love and liberality, has left Himself to us in the Most Holy Sacrament. -- St. Philip Neri

When I am before the Blessed Sacrament I feel such a lively faith that I can't describe it. Christ in the Eucharist is almost tangible to me...When it is time for me to leave, I have to tear myself away from His sacred presence. -- St. Anthony of Claret

The Blessed Eucharist is the perfect Sacrament of the Lord's Passion, since It contains Christ Himself and his Passion. -- St. Thomas Aquinas

O Sacrament of Love! O sign of Unity! O bond of Charity! He who would have Life finds here indeed a Life to live in and a Life to live by. -- St Augustine 

He loves, He hopes, He waits. If He came down on our altars on certain days only, some sinner, on being moved to repentance, might have to look for Him, and not finding Him, might have to wait. Our Lord prefers to wait Himself for the sinner for years rather than keep him waiting one instant. -- St Peter Julian Eymard

Holy Communion is the shortest and safest way to Heaven. -- Pope St. Pius X 

Kneeling before the tabernacle, I can think of only one thing to say to our Lord: “My God, you know that I love You.” And I feel that my prayer does not weary Jesus; knowing my weakness, He is satisfied with my good will. -  Saint Therese of Lisieux

The Eucharist is the supreme proof of the love of Jesus. After this, there is nothing more but Heaven itself. - St. Peter Julian Eymard

I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible  - St. Ignatius of Antioch

Our Lord does not come down from Heaven every day to lie in a golden ciborium. He comes to find another heaven which is infinitely dearer to him – the heaven of our souls, created in His Image, the living temples of the Adorable Trinity. - Saint Therese of Lisieux

If it is "daily bread," why do you take it once a year? . . . Take daily what is to profit you daily. Live in such a way that you may deserve to receive it daily. He who does not deserve to receive it daily, does not deserve to receive it once a year.  - St. Ambrose of Milan

He loves, He hopes, He waits. If He came down on our altars on certain days only, some sinner, on being moved to repentance, might have to look for Him, and not finding Him, might have to wait. Our Lord prefers to wait Himself for the sinner for years rather than keep him waiting one instant.  -St. Julian Peter Eymard

What does the poor man do at the rich man’s door, the sick man in the presence of his physician, the thirsty man at a limpid stream? What they do, I do before the Eucharistic God. I pray. I adore. I love. -St. Francis

Holy Communion is the shortest and safest way to heaven. -Pope St. Pius X

Everyday, Jesus humbles himself just as He did when He came from His heavenly throne into the Virgin’s womb; everyday He comes to us and lets us see Him in abjection, when He descends from the bosom of the Father into the hands of the priest at the altar. - St. Francis of Assisi

When you approach the tabernacle remember that he has been waiting for you for twenty centuries.  - St. Josemaria Escriva

If someone knows from experience that daily Communion increases fervor without lessening reverence, then let him go every day. But if someone finds that reverence is lessened and devotion not much increased, then let him sometimes abstain, so as to draw near afterwards with better dispositions.  - St. Thomas Aquinas

Eat my flesh,’ [Jesus] says, ‘and drink my blood.’ The Lord supplies us with these intimate nutrients, he delivers over his flesh and pours out his blood, and nothing is lacking for the growth of his children  -St. Clement of Alexandria

Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that It is His Body?  -St. Cyril of Jerusalem

'He said: This is my Body; therefore the Eucharist is not the figure of his Body and Blood, as some have said, talking nonsense in their stupid minds, but it is in very truth the Blood and Body of Christ.' - St. Macarius the Great

The Holy Mass


Hear Mass daily; it will prosper the whole day. All your duties will be performed the better for it, and your soul will be stronger to bear its daily cross. The Mass is the most holy act of religion; you can do nothing that can give greater glory to God or be more profitable for your soul than to hear Mass both frequently and devoutly. It is the favorite devotion of the saints. -- St. Peter Julian Eymard

Image taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)