Friday, January 18, 2013

STATION 14 - Jesus is laid in the Sepulcher

STATION FOURTEEN
Jesus is laid in the Sepulcher

 

Adoration
We adore Thee, O Christ, and we praise Thee, because by Thy holy cross, Thou hast redeemed the world.

Meditation
The body of Jesus is interred in a stranger's sepulchre. He who in this world had not whereupon to rest His head, would not even have a grave of His own, because He was not from this world. You, who are so attached to the world, henceforth despise it, that you may not perish with it.

Prayer
O Jesus, Thou hast set me apart from the world; what, then, shall I seek therein? Thou hast created me for Heaven; what, then, have I to do with the world? Depart from me, deceitful world, with thy vanities! Henceforth i will follow the Way of the Cross traced out for me by my Redeemer, and journey onward to my heavenly home, there to dwell forever and ever.

Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be

Jesus Christ, crucified, have mercy on us!

Sabat Mater
By the cross with thee to stay,
There with thee to weep and pray,
Is all I ask of thee to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)