Sunday, June 16, 2013

Chaplet of the Five Holy Wounds



Chaplet of the Five Holy Wounds

This Chaplet consists of five sets of five beads each; and at each one of these beads, in memory of the Five Wounds of JESUS CHRIST, one Gloria Patri is to be said; and at the end of each set of five, one Ave Maria is added in honour of our Lady’s sorrows

On the Medal: 
V. Incline to my aid, O God.
R. O Lord, make haste to help me.
V. Glory be...
R. As it was...

"Holy Mother pierce me through, in my heart each wound renew, of my Savior crucified."

First Wound - The Left Foot:

My crucified Jesus, I devoutly adore the painful wound of Thy left foot. Ah, by the pain which Thou didst feel therein, and by the blood which Thou didst shed from that foot, grant me grace to fly the occasion of sin, and not to walk in the way of perdition.

Glory be to the Father, five times, Hail Mary"Holy Mother pierce me through, in my heart each wound renew, of my Savior crucified."

Second Wound - The Right Foot

My crucified Jesus, I devoutly adore the painful wound of Thy right foot. Ah, by the pain which Thou didst feel therein, and by the blood which Thou didst shed from that foot, grant me grace to walk constantly in the way of Christian virtue, even to the entrance of paradise.


Glory be to the Father, five times, Hail Mary"Holy Mother pierce me through, in my heart each wound renew, of my Savior crucified."

Third Wound - The Left Hand

My crucified Jesus, I devoutly adore the painful wound of Thy left hand. Ah, by the pain which Thou didst feel therein, and by the blood which Thou didst shed from that hand, deliver me from being found at Thy left hand with the reprobate at the last judgment.


Glory be to the Father, five times, Hail Mary"Holy Mother pierce me through, in my heart each wound renew, of my Savior crucified."

Forth Wound - The Right Hand

My crucified Jesus, I devoutly adore the painful wound of Thy right hand. Ah, by the pain which Thou didst feel therein, and by the blood which Thou didst shed from that hand, bless my soul and conduct it to Thy kingdom.


Glory be to the Father, five times, Hail Mary"Holy Mother pierce me through, in my heart each wound renew, of my Savior crucified."

Fifth Wound - The Side
My crucified Jesus, I devoutly adore the painful wound of Thy sacred side. Ah, by the pain which Thou didst shed from it, enkindle in my heart the fire of Thy love, and give me grace to persevere in loving Thee to all eternity.


Glory be to the Father, five times, Hail Mary"Holy Mother pierce me through, in my heart each wound renew, of my Savior crucified."

Now, there's a "Prayer to Our Lady of Sorrows" that says to pray 3 Haily Marys after. Could this be for the three beads that are on pendant portion of some chaplets?

Prayer

O afflicted Mother, O virginal heart, all buried in the wounds to thy Son, accept this short memorial of His pains in union with thy grief. Present to Jesus this act of homage, and render my prayer available by thine intercession. Three Hail Marys

Photo taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)