Sunday, June 30, 2013

Most Excellent Lady, Were You Not Sanctified in Your Mothers' Womb?


Most Excellent Lady, Were You Not Sanctified in Your Mothers' Womb?

Most excellent lady, were you not sanctified in your mothers' womb? How was it that you said these things? Were you not free from every sin and filled with every grace?"

"Listen, Elizabeth. Undoubtedly, daughter, I was such as you say. However, you should know this in truth, that at that time I considered myself vile and wretched and unworthy of every grace of God's, just as you now consider yourself, and even more so. And so I was always asking God that he would deign to infuse into me his grace and strength."'


The Blessed Virgin, to St. Elizabeth, from 'The Revelations of St. Elizabeth of Toss
Photo taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)