Friday, June 21, 2013

Prayer of Love to the Sacred Heart


Prayer of Love to the Sacred Heart

O Heart of Jesus all inflamed with love and living by love, a Sanctuary of the Divinity, Temple of His Sovereign Majesty, Altar of Divine Charity, a Heart burning with love for God and for me, I adore Thee, I love Thee, I melt with love and reverence before Thee! I unite myself with Thy holy dispositions, I desire most earnestly to burn with Thy fire and to live by Thy life. What joy is mine to see Thee well pleased and content. Thou hast lavished Thy graces upon me and made me share in Thy sorrows and in Thy glory. Oh! how I would willingly die or suffer anything rather than displease Thee! O my heart, you must act only by the impulses from the Sacred Heart of Jesus; before It, you must expire in silence to all that is human or natural. 

O Divine Heart, I unite myself with Thee, and lose myself in Thee. I do not wish to live any longer but in Thee, by Thee and for Thee. Thus all my employment shall be to remain in silence and respect, annihilated before Thee like a burning lamp which is consumed before the Blessed Sacrament; to live, to suffer and to die. Amen. 


by St. Margaret Mary Alacoque 

Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)