Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Guardian Angel's Lament


The Guardian Angel's Lament

Thou hast sorrowed the spirit that loved thee,
And watched o'er thy footsteps for years:
Thou hast made me at last sigh o'er thee,
In secret, in silence, and tears.

For my Father in Heaven I loved thee,
For His sake have I guarded thy ways.
Return, O return, I implore thee,
Him to love, to serve, and to praise.

O'er thy pathway through life still I hover.
Thee to comfort, to solace, to cheer;
With the love of a fond, saving brother,
Through this desert of trial and fear.

Oh! When shall I clasp thee-----how fondly
And bear thee, all dangers no past,
To the arms of God Who dies for thee
To our home in the heavens at last! - Anon.

Photo taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)