Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Seven Spiritual Works of Mercy


The Seven Spiritual Works of Mercy

(1) Admonish the sinner  (2) Instruct the ignorant  (3) Counsel the doubtful  (4) Comfort the sorrowful
(5) Bear wrongs patiently  (6) Forgive all injuries  (7) Pray for the living and the dead

Let souls who are striving for perfection particularly adore My mercy, because the abundance of graces which I grant them flows from My mercy. I desire that these souls distinguish themselves by boundless trust in My mercy. I myself will attend to the sanctification of such souls. I will provide them with everything they will need to attain sanctity. (1578) -- St Faustina, Divine Mercy in my Soul

For there are three ways of performing an act of mercy: the merciful word, by forgiving and by comforting; secondly, if you can offer no word, then pray - that too is mercy; and thirdly, deeds of mercy. And when the Last Day comes, we shall be judged from this, and on this basis we shall receive the eternal verdict. (1158)--St Faustina

taken from Diary: Divine Mercy in my Soul
By Saint Faustina Kowalska
Image taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)