Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Six Sins Against the Holy Spirit


The Six Sins Against the Holy Spirit

(1) Presumption of God's mercy  (2) Despair  (3) Impugning the known truth
(4) Envy at another's spiritual good  (5) Obstinacy in sin  (6) Final impenitence

Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but He who speaks a word against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this life or in the age to come. - Matthew 12:31-32

God wants all men to be saved (I Tim 2:4) and he calls everyone to repentance (2 Pet 3:9). The redemption won by Christ is superabundant: it atones for all sins and extends to every man and woman (Rom 5:12-21). 

I cannot punish even the greatest sinner if he makes an appeal to my compassion, but on the contrary, I justify him in my unfathomable mercy. (Diary, entry 1146)

I never reject a contrite heart. (entry 1485)

Whoever places his trust in My mercy will be filled with divine peace at the hour of death. (entry 1520)

It suffices to come with faith to the feet of My representative (that is, to a priest in sacramental confession) and to reveal to him one's misery, and the miracle of Divine Mercy will be fully demonstrated. Were a soul like a decaying corpse so that from a human standpoint, there would be no [hope of] restoration and everything would already be lost, it is not so with God. The miracle of Divine Mercy restores that soul in full. (entry 1448)  - Our Lord to St. Faustina

Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)