Monday, July 1, 2013

A Prayer for the Forgiveness of Sin


A Prayer for the Forgiveness of Sin

My Jesus, I place all my sins before you. In my estimation They do not deserve pardon, But I ask you To close your eyes To my want of merit And open them To your infinite merit. 

Since you willed To die for my sins, Grant me forgiveness For all of them. Thus, I may no longer feel The burden of my sins, A burden that oppresses me Beyond measure. 

Assist me, dear Jesus, For I desire to become good No matter what the cost Take away, destroy, And utterly root out Whatever you find in me That is contrary To your holy will. At the same time, dear Jesus, illumine me So that I may walk in your holy light.


by Saint Gemma Galgani

Photo taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)