Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Short Way Of The Cross


A Short Way Of The Cross

As used by the Franciscan Fathers on their Missions

First Station Jesus Condemned to Death
O Jesus!  so meek and uncomplaining, teach me resignation in trials.

Second Station Jesus Carries His Cross
My Jesus, this Cross should be mine, not Thine; my sins crucified Thee.

Third Station Our Lord Falls the First Time
O Jesus!  by this first fall, never let me fall into mortal sin.

Fourth Station Jesus Meets His Mother
O Jesus!  may no human tie, however dear, keep me from following the road of the Cross.

Fifth Station Simon the Cyrenean Helps Jesus Carry His Cross
Simon unwillingly assisted Thee; may I with patience suffer all for Thee.

Sixth Station Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
O Jesus!  Thou didst imprint Thy sacred features upon Veronica's veil; stamp them also indelibly upon my heart.

Seventh Station The Second Fall of Jesus
By Thy second fall, preserve me, dear Lord, from relapse into sin.

Eighth Station Jesus Consoles the Women of Jerusalem
My greatest consolation would be to hear Thee say: "Many sins are forgiven thee, because thou hast loved much."

Ninth Station Third Fall of Jesus
O Jesus!  when weary upon life's long journey, be Thou my strength and my perseverance.

Tenth Station Jesus Stripped of His Garments
My soul has been robbed of its robe of innocence; clothe me, dear Jesus, with the garb of penance and contrition.

Eleventh Station Jesus Nailed to the Cross
Thou didst forgive Thy enemies; my God, teach me to forgive injuries and FORGET them.

Twelfth Station Jesus Dies on the Cross
Thou art dying, my Jesus, but Thy Sacred Heart still throbs with love for Thy sinful children.

Thirteenth Station Jesus Taken Down from the Cross
Receive me into thy arms, O Sorrowful Mother; and obtain for me perfect contrition for my sins.

Fourteenth Station Jesus Laid in the Sepulchre
When I receive Thee into my heart in Holy Communion, O Jesus, make it a fit abiding place for Thy adorable Body.  Amen.

Photo taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)