Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Act of Reparation


Act of Reparation

JESUS, my GOD, my SAVIOUR, true GOD and true Man, in that lowly homage with which the faith itself inspires me, with my whole heart I adore and love Thee in the most august Sacrament of the Altar, in reparation for all the acts of irreverence, profanation and sacrilege, which I myself may ever have been so unhappy as to have committed, as well as for all such like acts that ever have been done by others, or that may be done in ages yet to come. I adore Thee, my GOD, not indeed as Thou deservest, nor as much as I am bound to adore, but as far as I am able; and I would that I could adore Thee with all the perfection of which a reasonable creature is capable. Meantime I purpose now and ever to adore Thee, not only for those Catholics who adore and love Thee not, but also for the conversion of all bad Christians, and of all Heretics, Schismatics, Mohammedans, Jews and idolaters. JESUS, my GOD, mayest Thou be ever known, adored, loved and praised every moment, in the most holy and divine Sacrament. Amen

From the Raccolta
Photo taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)