Tuesday, July 16, 2013

At the Beginning of the Day


At the Beginning of the Day

O LORD GOD Almighty, behold me prostrate before Thee in order to appease Thee, and to honour thy Divine Majesty, in the name of all creatures. But how can I do this who am myself but a poor sinner? Nay, but I both can and will, knowing that Thou dost make it thy boast to be called FATHER of mercies, and for love of us hast given thy only-begotten SON, who sacrificed Himself upon the Cross, and for our sake doth continually renew that sacrifice of Himself upon our altars. And therefore do I sinner, but penitent; poor, but rich in JESUS CHRIST present myself before Thee, and, with the love of angels and of all thy saints, and with the tender affection of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer to Thee in the name of all creatures the Masses which are now being celebrated, together with all those which have been celebrated, and which shall be celebrated to the end of the world. Moreover, I intend to renew the offering- of them every moment of this day and of all my life, that I may thereby render to thy infinite Majesty an honour and a glory worthy of Thee, thus to appease thy indignation, to satisfy thy justice for our many sins, to render Thee thanks in proportion to thy benefits, and to implore thy mercies for myself and for all sinners, for all the faithful, living and dead, for thy whole Church, and principally for its visible Head, the Sovereign Pontiff, and lastly for all poor schismatic’s, heretics, and infidels, that they also may be converted and save their souls.

From the Raccolta
Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)