Monday, July 1, 2013

My Song for Today


My Song for Today

Oh! how I love Thee, Jesus! my soul aspires to Thee -
And yet for one day only my simple prayer I pray!
Come reign within my heart, smile
tenderly on me, 
Today, dear Lord, today. 

But if I dare take thought of what the morrow brings -
That fills my fickle heart with dreary, dull dismay;
I crave, indeed, my God, trials and sufferings, 
But only for today! 

O sweetest Star of heaven!
O Virgin, spotless, blest,
Shining with Jesus' light, guiding to Him my way!
O Mother! 'neath thy veil let my tired spirit rest, 
For this brief passing day! 

Soon shall I fly afar among the holy choirs,
Then shall be mine the joy that never knows decay;
And then my lips shall sing, to heaven's angelic lyres, 
The eternal, glad today!

by Saint Therese of Lisieux

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)