Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Prayer for Grace to do the Will of God


Prayer for Grace to do the Will of God

GRANT me, most kind JESUS, thy grace, that it may abide with me, labour with me, and persevere with me to the end. Grant me ever to desire and to will that which is the more acceptable to Thee, and pleases Thee more dearly.

May thy will be mine, and my will ever follow thine, and be in closest accord with it. May it be my one care to will and to be unwilling with Thee, and may I be unable to will or not will anything but what Thou willest or willest not.


From the Raccolta
taken from the Imitation of Christ, by Thomas Kempis
Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)