Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Prayer of the Seven Last Words


Prayer of the Seven Last Words

DlVINE JESUS, incarnate SON of GOD, who for
our salvation didst vouchsafe to be born in a stable,
to pass thy life in poverty, trials, and misery, and to
die amid the sufferings of the Cross, 

I  entreatThee in the hour of my death, 
say to thy divine FATHER:”Father, forgive him 
"say to thy beloved Mother : “behold thy son "; 
say to my soul : “this day thou shalt be with me in Paradise." 

My GOD, my GOD, forsake me not in that hour. 
"I thirst": truly, my GOD, my soul thirsts after Thee, 
who art the fountain of living waters. 

My life passes like a shadow; yet a little while and all will be
consummated. Wherefore, O my adorable
SAVIOUR, from this moment, for all eternity, “ into
thy hands I commend my spirit. " LORD JESUS,
receive my soul. Amen

From the Raccolta
Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)