Saturday, July 6, 2013

Prayer to be said at a Visit to the most Holy Sacrament



Prayer to be said at a Visit to the most Holy Sacrament

O MY LORD JESUS CHRIST, who for the love which Thou dost bear men dost remain night and day in this Sacrament, all full of tenderness and love, expecting, inviting, and receiving all those who come to visit Thee; I believe Thee present in the Sacrament of the Altar; I adore Thee in the depths of my own nothingness; and I thank Thee for all the graces which Thou hast granted me, especially for having vouchsafed to bestow thyself upon me in this Sacrament, for having given me thy own most holy Mother Mary for my advocate, and for having invited me to visit Thee in this church. I pay my homage this day to thy adorable Heart, and I do so for the following three intentions: first, in thanksgiving for this great gift itself; secondly, as a reparation for all the injuries which Thou hast received from all thy enemies in this Sacrament; thirdly, by this visit I intend to adore Thee in all those places where Thou, sacramentally present, art least reverenced and most abandoned. My JESUS, I love Thee with my whole heart. I repent of having so many times heretofore displeased thy infinite goodness. By thy grace I resolve never to offend Thee more for the time to come; and at this present moment, poor sinner as I am, I consecrate myself wholly to Thee. I renounce for myself, and I give to Thee, my will, my affections, my desires, everything that I call my own. From this day forth do Thou with me, and with everything- that belongs to me, whatever pleases Thee. I ask Thee only, and I wish only, for thy holy love, for final perseverance, and the perfect fulfilment of thy will. I commend to Thee the souls in purgatory, especially those who were most devoted to the most holy Sacrament, and to Mary most holy. Moreover, I commend to Thee all poor sinners. For this intention, O my dear SAVIOUR JESUS, I unite all my affections with the affections of thy most loving Heart; and thus united, I offer them to thy Eternal FATHER, and I entreat Him, in thy Name and for thy love, to accept and answer them.

By Saint Alphonsus de Liguori
From the Raccolta
Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)