Sunday, July 7, 2013

Prayer to Jesus Dead

 

Prayer to Jesus Dead


O JESUS, who in thy bitter Passion didst become the reproach of men and the man of sorrows, I venerate thy sacred face on which shone the grace and sweetness of the Divinity, now for my sake changed into the likeness of a leper. But under this deformity I perceive thy infinite love, and I am overwhelmed with the desire of loving Thee and making Thee beloved by all men. The tears which stream from thy eyes seem as precious pearls, which I love to gather up, in order to purchase with their infinite value the souls of poor sinners. O JESUS, thy face is the only beauty which ravishes my heart. I am content not to see here below the sweetness of thy look, not to feel the ineffable delight of a kiss of thy mouth; but oh! I beseech Thee print on me thy divine likeness, and inflame me with thy love, so that it may rapidly consume me, and I may soon come to see thy glorious face in Heaven. Amen.

From the Raccolta
Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)