Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Prayer to Jesus of Nazareth


Prayer to Jesus of Nazareth

BEHOLD me at thy feet, O JESUS of Nazareth; behold the most miserable of creatures, who presents himself before Thee, humbled and penitent. Have mercy on me, O LORD, according- to thy great mercy. I sinned, and my sins were committed against Thee, O GOD of infinite bounty. O JESUS, hear my prayers, graciously hear, O loving FATHER, the requests I lay at thy feet: cast a favourable look on my soul, Thou who art the loving FATHER of men, the Supreme Judge, the King of Heaven and of earth, the true benefactor of the wretched. Come then to my assistance, O JESUS of Nazareth. Grant me the graces which I ask of Thee, kneeling at thy feet. My soul belongs to Thee, because Thou hast created and redeemed it with thy Precious Blood. May thy work not be in vain. Turn, O loving FATHER, thy regard upon me and bless me. O GOD of mercy, have pity on me; pardon me, who am thy son; deal not severely with me; give me tears of repentance; pardon me as Thou didst pardon the penitent thief; watch over me from the height of Heaven and bless me. Amen.  

End with the Apostles Creed


From the Raccolta
Photo taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)