Saturday, July 6, 2013

Prayer to Our Lord on the Cross


Prayer to Our Lord on the Cross

MY crucified JESUS, mercifully accept the prayer which I now make to Thee for help in the moment of my death, when at its approach all my senses shall fail me. When therefore, O sweetest JESUS, my weary and downcast eyes can no longer look up to Thee, be mindful of the loving gaze which now I turn on Thee, and have mercy on me. When my parched lips can no longer kiss thy most sacred wounds, remember then those kisses which now I imprint on thee, and have mercy on me. When my cold hands can no longer embrace thy Cross, forget not the affection with which I embrace it now, and have mercy on me. And when, at length, my swollen and lifeless tongue can no longer speak, remember that I called upon Thee now. JESUS, Joseph, Mary, to you I commend my soul.

From the Raccolta
Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)