Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Prayers Before the Blessed Sacrament


Prayers Before the Blessed Sacrament

I ADORE Thee, Eternal FATHER, and I give Thee thanks for the infinite love with which Thou didst deign to send thy only-begotten SON to redeem me, and to become the food of my soul. I offer Thee all the acts of adoration and thanksgiving that are offered to Thee by the angels and saints in heaven and by the just on earth. I praise, love, and thank Thee with all the praise, love, and thanksgiving that are offered to Thee by thine own SON in the Blessed Sacrament ; and I beg Thee to grant that He maybe known, loved, honoured, praised, and worthily received by all, in this most divine Sacrament. PATER, Ave, Gloria.

I ADORE Thee, Eternal SON, and I thank Thee for the infinite love which caused Thee to become man for me, to be born in a stable, to live in poverty, to suffer hunger, thirst, heat, cold, fatigue, hardships, contempt, persecutions, the scourging, the crowning with thorns, and a cruel death upon the hard wood of the Cross. I thank Thee, with the Church militant and triumphant, for the infinite love with which Thou didst institute the most blessed Sacrament to be the food of my soul. I adoreThee in all the consecrated hosts throughout the whole world, and I return thanks for those who know Thee not, and who do not thank Thee. Would that I were able to give my life to make Thee known, loved, and honoured by all, in this sacrament of love, and to prevent the irreverences and sacrileges that are committed against Thee ! I love Thee, divine JESUS, and I desire to receive Thee with all the purity, love, and affection of thy blessed Mother, and with the love and affection of thy own most pure Heart. Grant, O most amiable spouse of my soul, in coming to me in this most holy Sacrament, that I may receive all the graces and blessings which Thou dost come to bestow on us, and let me rather die than receive Thee unworthily. PATER, Ave, Gloria.


I ADORE Thee, Eternal SPIRIT, and I give Thee thanks for the infinite love with which Thou didst work the ineffable mystery of the Incarnation, and for the infinite love with which Thou didst form the sacred body of our LORD JESUS CHRIST out of the most pure blood of the Blessed Virgin Mary, to become in this Sacrament the food of my soul. I beg Thee to enlighten my mind, and to purify my heart and the hearts of all men, that they all may know this great benefit of thy love, and receive worthily this most blessed Sacrament. PATER, Ave, Gloria.


From the Raccolta
Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)