Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Saint Philomena Chaplet


The Saint Philomena Chaplet

The St. Philomena chaplet, consisting of the medal of the St. Philomena and sixteen beads. Three white beads in honor of the three Divine Persons of the Blessed Trinity and thirteen red beads commemorating the thirteen years St. Philomena lived on this earth.

Starting on the medal: Recite the Apostles'Creed and ask for the grace of Faith.

On each of the three white beads say the Our Father in honor of the three Divine Persons of the Blessed Trinity as thanksgiving for all favors obtained through her intercession.
On each of the thirteen red beads, the number of years St. Philomena spent on earth, recite the following prayer:

Hail, O holy St. Philomena, whom I acknowledge, after Mary, as my advocate with the Divine Spouse, intercede for me now and at the hour of my death.

St, Philomena, beloved daughter of Jesus and Mary, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Amen.

To conclude the chaplet, offer this prayer:
Hail, O illustrious St. Philomena, who shed so courageously your blood for Christ! I bless the Lord for all the graces He has bestowed upon thee during thy life, and especially at thy death.

I praise and glorify Him for the honor and power with which He has crowned thee, and I beg thee to obtain for me from God the graces I ask through thy intercession. Amen. (mention your request)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)