Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Prayer to Make Satisfaction for Our Sins


That by His most holy life and conversation 
He would make satisfaction for our transgressions.

O TENDER Jesus, full of pity and of mercy, Who never despisest the sighing of the wretched, to Thee I betake myself, imploring Thy clemency. Speak Thou for me, supply Thou for me; for I confess unto Thee all my sins. By the sinless tears of Thy most glorious eyes, wash away all the stains of my sinful eyes. By the gentle pity of Thy blessed ears, wash away all the iniquities of my sinful ears. By the thrilling energy of the sweet words of Thy blessed lips, wash away all the offences of my polluted lips. By the perfection of Thine actions and by the wounds in Thy hands, wash away all the offences of my impious hands. By the aching weariness of Thy blessed feet, and by the cruel holes of the nails, wash away all the defilement of my sinful feet. By the pure intention of Thy most holy thoughts, and by the glowing love of Thy pierced Heart, wash away all the guiltiness of my evil thoughts and of my wicked heart. By the matchless innocence of Thy life, and by Thine unspotted holiness, destroy all the foulness of my corrupt life. By the priceless fountain of Thy most Precious Blood, wash away, cleanse and efface every defilement of my heart and soul, that by Thy most holy merits I may be found clean from sin, and be henceforward enabled to keep all Thy commandments perfectly and spotlessly. Amen.

Photo taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)