Friday, September 20, 2013

An Evening Prayer


An Evening Prayer to Jesus

Grant O Dearest Jesus, that I may repose upon Thy breast, and draw sweetness with every breath from Thy affectionate Heart.  Let Thy loving Spirit penetrate my soul, and absorb it and unite it inseparably to Thyself. Remain with me, I beseech Thee, through the night, that whilst my body sleeps, my spirit may wake to Thee, and see Thee always near me.

God my Creator, look upon me in Thy mercy, and so rule my slumbers, that my heart may rest calmly in Thy love as in its all-absorbing sleep; and grant that I may repose in Thee this night and for all eternity. Amen.

Image taken from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)