Saturday, July 6, 2013

Novena for the Twenty-fifth Day of every Month


Novena for the Twenty-fifth Day of every Month

One Year, for each day of this Novena, made either in public or private, on nine days previous to the 25th day of any and each month.

First Offering.
ETERNAL FATHER, I offer to thy honour and glory, and for my own salvation, and for the salvation of all the world, the mystery of the Birth of our Divine SAVIOUR. Gloria PATRI.

Second Offering.
ETERNAL FATHER, I offer to thy honour and glory, and for my eternal salvation, the sufferings of the most holy Virgin and of St Joseph in that long and weary journey from Nazareth to Bethlehem; I offer Thee their pain in finding no place wherein to shelter themselves, when the SAVIOUR of the world was to be born. Gloria PATRI.

Third Offering.
ETERNAL FATHER, I offer to thy honour and glory, and for my eternal salvation, the stable where JESUS was born, the hard straw which served Him for a bed, the cold He suffered, the swaddling clothes which bound Him, the tears He shed, and his tender infant cries. Gloria PATRI.

Fourth Offering.
ETERNAL FATHER, I offer to thy honour and glory, and for my eternal salvation, the pain which the divine Child JESUS felt in his tender infant body when He submitted it to the keen knife of circumcision; I offer Thee that Precious Blood which then first He shed for the salvation of the whole race of man. Gloria
PATRI.

Fifth Offering.
ETERNAL FATHER, I offer to thy honour and glory, and for my eternal salvation, the humility, mortification, patience, charity and all the virtues of the Child JESUS; I thank Thee, and I love Thee, and I bless Thee without end, for this ineffable mystery of the Incarnation of the divine Word. Gloria PATRI.

V/. The Word was made flesh.
R/. And dwelt amongst us.

Let us pray.
O GOD, whose only-begotten SON was made manifest to us in the substance of our flesh; grant, we beseech Thee, that our souls may be inwardly renewed through Him, whom our eyes have seen externally like unto ourselves. Who liveth and reigneth with Thee for ever and ever. Amen.

From the Raccolta
Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)