Saturday, July 6, 2013

Prayer before the Crib


Prayer before the Crib

I ADORE Thee, O Word Incarnate, true SON of GOD from all eternity, and true Son of Mary ever Virgin in the fullness of time. When I adore thy divine Person, and the Humanity united to thy Divinity, I venerate the poor manger which welcomed Thee when an Infant, and which was truly the throne of thy love. I prostrate myself before it with the simplicity of the shepherds, with the faith of Joseph, with the love of Mary. I bow down in veneration of this precious memorial of our salvation with the same spirit of mortification, poverty and humility with which Thou, though the LORD of heaven and earth, didst choose for thyself a manger wherein to lay thy tender infant limbs. And Thou, O LORD, who in thine Infancy didst deign to lay thyself in this manger, vouchsafe also to pour into my heart a drop of that joy to which the sight of thy lovely Childhood, and the miracles which accompanied thy Birth, gave rise. By that holy Birth, I now implore Thee to grant to all the world peace and goodwill, and in the name of the whole human race I render thanks and honour to GOD the FATHER, and to GOD the HOLY SPIRIT, who with Thee live and reign one GOD world without end. Amen.

From the Raccolta
Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)