Friday, August 30, 2013

Greeting to the Sacred Heart of Jesus



Greeting to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Hail, sweetest Heart of Jesus, most tuneful instrument of the Holy Trinity. Hail, Heart of Jesus, flowing with honey, living stream of all goodness and grace. Hail, loving Heart of Jesus, most noble treasury of the riches of God. I bless and salute a thousand times the divine Goodness in thee. Thou art the Fountain and Source whence all good and all mercy stream forth. O noble and precious Heart of Jesus Christ, I salute and adore thee, through the mutual love of the worshipful Trinity, in the abundance of all graces, where with thou dost evermore inundate all holy and devout souls, bedewing them so often and inebriating them with the torrent of thy divine pleasures.

O Heart of Jesus, Heart most sweet; Heart of Jesus, Heart most precious; Heart of Jesus, Heart most worthy of love; O Heart flowing with sweetness, abounding with pity, overflowing with charity; in thy most hidden recesses I bury all the burden of my iniquity and neglect. To thee I offer all my labours and my toils, to thee I dedicate all my anguish and misery, to thee I commend my life, and the end of my life. O Heart, sweet smelling spikenard, frankincense most fragrant, most worthy sacrifice; offer thyself upon the golden altar of propitiation for mankind, to compensate for all the days of my life wherein I have brought no fruit to God.

I bless thee, most kingly Heart of Jesus, in that love wherewith the Holy Ghost formed thee out of the chaste blood of Mary the Virgin. I glorify thee, sweetest Heart of Jesus, in that love wherewith the Holy Trinity adorned thee with all heavenly gifts. I magnify thee, gentlest Heart of Jesus, in that love wherewith thou didst glow for all the human race. I adore thee, most kind Heart of Jesus, in that love whereby thou wast broken upon the cross. I extol thee, Heart of Jesus, most true and faithful, in that love wherewith thou didst will to be pierced with the lance and to shed blood and water.

Therefore, O Trinity glorious beyond words, I praise thee, I glorify and bless thee, through that surpassingly blessed Heart, that thou hast willed and desired to bestow on it such manifold gifts and such abundance of grace. With all possible love and reverence I offer to thy divine majesty that heart, so ravishing in sweetness, and so supremely and alone worthy, in that fullness of divine beauty and that perfection of manifold bliss with which thou hast filled it for ever. And I beseech thee for his sake to pardon whatever I have done amiss, and to make good whatever I have failed to do. Amen

by Saint Mechtild of Hackeborn
Image Credit Waiting for the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our blog! Your comment will be viewed shortly to be added to our blog. :)